Social Justice Ministries
Commission on Christian Social Relations
The Diocesan Commission on Christian Social Relations has been an assembly of committees engaged in outreach and advocacy for the poor & marginalized in Rhode Island. It has received its funding from Episcopal Charities and has been seen as a partner in Charities' ministry.
Its purpose is to:
- be the organized outreach ministry for the Diocese
- serve as a vehicle for the distribution of small grants-in-aid for programs with immediate and short term needs.
- give focus, visibility and support to specific ministries of the Diocese. Most of these ministries will work through a committee structure, but in some instances a chair person will work alone.
- help individuals and congregations recognize the admonitions of our Lord to create a just society by helping the weak and the poor.
- serve as a support and resource for individuals and groups engaged in these special ministries; for example: deaneries, deacons, and other committees.