Permission for Remarriage

The bishop must give permission for remarriage when either or both parties have been married or in a civil union that has been legally dissolved. Remarriage request applications must be filed at least thirty (30) days prior to the intended date of marriage. “Cover letters” from clergy are necessary only in extraordinary circumstances.

Download Remarriage request form [PDF]