Strengthening our congregations to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ, through the ministry of the baptized.
Our diocese has a Congregational Development Commission (CDC) whose goal is to empower the leaders of our churches to guide their congregations to discern God’s call for their unique ministry as a congregation and to develop a clearly defined plan for growth that includes regular evaluations to ascertain progress toward those goals.
The Congregational Development Commission supports and strengthens congregations by:
- Providing Commission members to meet with church leaders, help identify congregational needs for development, and assist in establishing goals as well as long-term budgeting and financial planning.
- Making grants to support congregational programs in the areas of stewardship, evangelism and church growth. Learn more about CDC grants and how to apply here.
- Sponsoring educational opportunities, such as our Learn and Lead events, which have given our congregations the opportunity to learn about stewardship and communications.
Commission on Congregational Development Members
- Ms. Susan LaFreniere, Emmanuel Church, Cumberland
- The Rev. Pamela Gregory, Trinity Church, North Scituate
- The Rev. Robert Marshall, St. John’s Church, Barrington
- Mr. Joel Gardner, St. Luke’s, East Greenwich
- The Rev. Craig Swan, St. Peter’s by-the Sea, Narragansett
- The Rev. Linda Griggs, St. Martin’s, Providence
- Ms. Olive Swinski, St. Paul’s, Pawtucket
- The Rev. Jennifer West, Grace, Providence
- The Rev. Liz Habecker, St. Michael’s, Bristol
- Mr. Caswell Cooke, Christ Church, Westerly
- Canon Linda L. Grenz, Canon to the Ordinary