Presiding Bishop Curry has invited the whole church
to take up The Way of Love, a “rule of life” focused
on seven spiritual practices for Jesus-Centered Life:
Turn, Learn, Pray, Worship, Bless, Go and Rest.
Diocese of Rhode Island Plans
The Congregational Development Commission (CDC) plans to engage the diocese in two years of incorporating the Way of Love into our personal and corporate lives. Congregations and individuals are invited to focus on each spiritual practice for three months:
- January – March — Introducing the Way of Love (including a diocesan event in February)
- April – June — TURN: Pause, listen and choose to follow Jesus
- July – Sept — LEARN: Reflect on Scripture each day, especially on Jesus’ life and teachings.
- Oct – Dec — PRAY: Dwell intentionally with God daily
- Jan – March — WORSHIP: Gather in community weekly to thank, praise, and dwell with God
- April – June — BLESS: Share faith and unselfishly give and serve
- July – Sept — GO: Cross boundaries, listen deeply and live like Jesus
- Oct – Nov — REST: Receive the gift of God’s grace, peace, and restoration
Go to the RESOURCES button (top right side of website) and click on GROWTH; you will find a Way of Love section that will literally grow with new resources over the coming months! You can find a selection of resources and tools for discovering and deepening that practice in your own life. You can also visit the Episcopal Church’s website which will gather resources as well.
See the diocesan e-newsletter (click and sign up) for coming events in the diocese and Rhode Island congregations.
Congregational Development Committee has set aside funds to support congregations that want to offer events or programs open to others in the diocese. Please click here to apply or call email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.