Grant Request and Reviews
The Episcopal Charities Grant Request Form is now in an easy-to-complete electronic format. The 2018 grant request cycle is closed. The 2019 cycle will open in mid-spring 2019.
In keeping with our mission, we seek to fund grant requests which will directly impact the lives of our neighbors in need. Our recent grants have ranged from $3,000 to $40,000. Please read the guidelines below.
Grant Request Forms must be submitted by April 30th. We will begin reviewing completed Grant Request Forms in early May. As part of the review process, you may be contacted by a member of our grants team to ask some questions or to arrange an in-person visit. Our grants will be distributed in the late fall.
Applicants who have previously received grants: evaluating previously-funded programs:
As in the past, all applicants for an Episcopal Charities grant are required to submit an evaluation of any completed programs/projects which have been funded by Episcopal Charities. We have created a brief form for you to use if you do not already have a competed evaluation of your program/project that you can submit. You should upload an evaluation form — either ours or one from your agency or organization evaluating your particular program — at the time you complete your 2018 grant request.
If you have questions, please send an email to email@example.com or call 401-274-4500 x247
Episcopal Charities Mission Statement:
“In acknowledgement of the Gospel Imperative to feed, clothe, heal and visit, the Episcopal Charities Fund of Rhode Island assists ministries of the Diocese and charities of the wider Rhode Island community by raising and helping to provide funds, and in so doing bringing hope, comfort and healing to Rhode Islanders in need.”
Guidelines for Grant Distributions:
Preference is given to the following:
- organizations that provide direct services to large numbers of potential recipients
- established organizations, structured to meet current and future needs, as well as organizations in need of seed money
- direct service groups that might not be eligible for funding from other sources
- agencies which have a 501(c)(3) status
- groups that are consistent with our mission statement
- groups that have an established relationship with one of our congregations or have volunteers from our congregations
We discourage requests from programs and agencies which:
- are heavily funded by government or other sources
- seek funding for debts already incurred
- duplicate services of already existing agencies
- provide capital for vehicles, buildings, or other real property
- provide only advocacy activities or research
c/o The Episcopal Diocese of Rhode Island
275 N Main Street
Providence, RI 02903
401-274-4500, ext. 247
e-mail Episcopal Charities