Each year the Congregational Development Commission (CDC) awards grants to our congregations, using the income from endowments designated to support the development of missions and parishes in our diocese.The Commission receives grant proposals twice a year on March 1st and September 1st and makes awards are made in June or December. Download the grant announcement for details.
- Congregations must submit a plan for development to CDC as part of the granting process.
- Grants are usually given on a matching basis,that is, up to 50% of the cost of a new or expanded program which supports a congregation’s plan for growth.
- Grants to parishes are limited to $5000 per year for a total of $15,000 over a 3-year period.
- While Congregational Development Grants are not granted for bricks and mortar, we support inventive, creative plans that seek to transform the life of the congregation.
- Grants are given on an annual basis, with a three-year limit contingent upon annual evaluations of progress.
For More Information Contact:
Canon for Program
Recent grants have been awarded to:
Advent, Coventry – New church start serving the autistic community
Church Beyond the Walls – A congregation of homed and homeless people meeting in the park
La Inglasia de la Ascension, Cranston – Hispanic Ministry
San Jorge, Central Falls – Hispanic Ministry
St, James, North Providence – Restart with new clergy
St. John the Evangelist, Newport – Restart with new clergy
St. Mary’s, East Providence – Restart with new clergy
Church of the Ascension and Chapel of St. John the Divine – Collaborative ministry team
St. David’s on-the Hill, new program for preschool