For the season of Advent, Journeying the Way of Love offers four sessions to be explored as we await the coming of Christ by moving through the first two chapters of the Gospel of Luke. Luke’s gospel provides a pattern for understanding how we can live the Way of Love as individuals, as families and friends, as a community, and out in the world. The sessions are specially designed for use during the Christian formation hour before or after worship. Facilitation instructions accommodate small or large groups.
- Advent One: The Annunciation: Saying “Yes” to the Journey
- Advent Two: Mary and Elizabeth: Journeying with Family and Friends
- Advent Three: The Birth of John the Baptist: Journeying with Community
- Advent Four: The Birth of Jesus: Journeying with the World
- Curriculum Resources: Journeying the Way of Love Advent Calendar, Discussion Questions about Spiritual Practices, Starting a Rule of Life, Scripture Passages
Participants are encouraged to read and reflect on these passages in Luke throughout the season of Advent and “try on” the spiritual practices of the Way of Love.
DOWNLOAD the Way_of_Love_Small_Group_Curriculum