Positions for Clergy
To apply, email a copy of your resume, OTM Portfolio and a letter of intent to our Canon to the Ordinary, The Rev. Canon Dena Cleaver-Bartholomew. Please contact her for any further information about the positions listed below.
Portfolios for congregations seeking clergy are available at website for The Episcopal Church from the Office of Transition Ministry (OTM). Our congregations do not have profiles, but use the OTM Portfolio along with their website to provide candidates with information about their life and ministry.
Churches Receiving Names
- The Chapel of St John the Divine, Saunderstown
Churches Discerning their Future
- None at this time.
Information about diocesan policies:
Rhode Island’s beach communities, villages and cities are attractive retirement choices for many clergy. The diocese works with retired clergy who wish to be engaged in ministry to match them with needs in the diocese. One popular option is for teams of two retired clergy to serve a small congregation enabling clergy to serve without worrying about taking time off for health reasons or to visit those endearing grandchildren! Many of our clergy and congregations welcome retired clergy to serve in a variety of capacities. Some retired clergy find service in nonprofits meaningful while others provide valuable assistance to a wide range of committees, commissions and diocesan programs and others serve as consultants or in volunteer adjunct diocesan staff roles. Bring your dreams for ministry and we’ll help you find a way to make them become reality!
There are many careers in ministry that don’t require ordination. Are you called to one? Here’s a list of what is available throughout the Diocese of RI.
If your church has a job opening, submit it here .
- None at this time.
Parish & Other Listings
- Part-time Office Administrator, Trinity Church, North Scituate. The primary task of the office administrator is to provide support to the rector. The successful candidate will oversee the day-to-day activities in the parish office, including communicating with the Diocesan offices, community organizations, and vendors.
Administrator will be responsible for compiling, copying and filing of monthly vestry packages and annual parish reports; updating social media information; updating parish directory and database; management of facility keys and key fobs; mailing of pledge cards and financial statements; and scheduling and processing facility rentals, room availability and reservations. Other duties as may be assigned.
Approximately 16 hours/per week. Flexible summer hours. Contact The Rev. Johanna Marcure by calling the church office at (401) 647-2322 or via email at email@example.com
- Part-time Coordinator for Youth and Family Programs at St. Luke’s Church St. Luke’s Church, an inclusive, thriving, multi-generational, and joy-filled church, located in the heart of East Greenwich, is looking for a part-time program coordinator (15-18 hours per week) to expand our ministries with youth and their families.Essential hopes and expectations include oversight of our youth faith formation offerings (curriculum selection and preparation, teacher recruitment and support), enhanced activities of a fledgling youth group, weekly communication with parents regarding how they might further their children’s faith formation at home, and the development of a one-week summer Vacation Bible School.Additional responsibilities include regular collaboration with the ministry team, the creation of seasonal offerings, assisting the rector with confirmation classes (February through May), and planning for our every-other-year mission trip to the Dominican Republic.Appropriate candidates must have a love for youth, and a comfort and familiarity with the Christian tradition. Experience working in a youth-related setting a must; a background in education is helpful but not required. Other important qualities and attributes include:
- Good sense of humor
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated capacity to work well with others
- An energetic and energizing disposition
The weekly hours are flexible, although presence most Sunday mornings is required. With the exception of a Vacation Bible School, Faith Formation classes pause from June through August, allowing for 6 weeks of vacation time.
Interested parties should submit an introductory letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. References should be provided upon request. Applications will be reviewed beginning July 13.
- Part-Time Parish Administrator, St Columba’s Chapel, Middletown The Parish Administrator reports directly to the rector and is often the first-person people encounter when arriving at or contacting the parish. He or she supports the rector, music director, education director, vestry, and committees as required to help continue and sustain the parish’s ministry and serves as a resource person for staff, volunteers, and parishioners. The Administrator is a welcoming and responsive presence in the church office and duties are approached in support of the common mission of St. Columba’s Chapel and the Episcopal Church. The person should encourage and support innovation and growth by embracing change and contributing suggestions. Additional paid hours possible during busy times.
- Experience working in an office environment
- College or associates degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Excel, Word), Zoom, social media platforms, website maintenance, cloud file and storage systems
- Ability to operate a printer/copier/scanner
- Familiar with, or willingness to learn, Breeze Church Management software
- Emotional maturity and intelligence
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the phone, and via email
- Trusted with confidential information relating to pastoral matters and financial contributions
- Familiarity with and respect for religious institutions
For the full job description, and to apply, please see Indeed.