Positions for Clergy
To apply, email a copy of your resume, OTM Portfolio and a letter of intent to our Canon to the Ordinary, The Rev. Canon Dena Cleaver-Bartholomew. Please contact her for any further information about the positions listed below.
Portfolios for congregations seeking clergy are available at website for The Episcopal Church from the Office of Transition Ministry (OTM). Our congregations do not have profiles, but use the OTM Portfolio along with their website to provide candidates with information about their life and ministry.
Parishes Receiving Names
Parishes Discerning their Future
- St Paul’s Episcopal Church, Pawtucket
- Sts Matthew and Mark Episcopal Church, Barrington
- St David’s on-the-Hill Episcopal Church, Cranston
- Church of St John the Evangelist, Newport
Information about diocesan policies:
Rhode Island’s beach communities, villages and cities are attractive retirement choices for many clergy. The diocese works with retired clergy who wish to be engaged in ministry to match them with needs in the diocese. One popular option is for teams of two retired clergy to serve a small congregation enabling clergy to serve without worrying about taking time off for health reasons or to visit those endearing grandchildren! Many of our clergy and congregations welcome retired clergy to serve in a variety of capacities. Some retired clergy find service in nonprofits meaningful while others provide valuable assistance to a wide range of committees, commissions and diocesan programs and others serve as consultants or in volunteer adjunct diocesan staff roles. Bring your dreams for ministry and we’ll help you find a way to make them become reality!
There are many careers in ministry that don’t require ordination. Are you called to one? Here’s a list of what is available throughout the Diocese of RI.
If your church has a job opening, submit it here .
- None at this time
Parish & Other Listings
Event Planner/Marketing Administrator
St. Martin’s is hiring!
- Develop and implement strategies for all marketing and communications efforts across all media with goal of building awareness and recognition of parish in the community. Increase program engagement, attendance and support.
- Work with Parish members and external groups to facilitate events held at the church.
- Work in conjunction with clergy, office staff, volunteers and Vestry in fulfilling duties.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Reports to the Rectors.
- 18 hours per week
Please contact 401-751-2141 for more information.