Creation Care Grant Awarded to All Saints, Providence
The Creation Care Ministry of the Diocese is pleased to announce the first award given from the Creation Care Mini-grant Program.
All Saints, Providence, has received a $1500 grant to create an inviting urban oasis for reflection and the healing of God’s creation. The deadline for applications has been extended to July 15. 2022.
This is an example of a project valuable in itself and a model for others to employ.
Other applications eligible for $500 to $1500 mini-grants include projects around:
- Food security and access to locally produced food (i.e. the creation of community gardens and or farm shares on church owned lands, obtaining permits/equipment needed to host farmers markets on church owned lands, obtaining permits/equipment needed to prepare community meals in church facilities).
- Energy efficiency (i.e. efficiency audits of church owned facilities, insulation/weather-proofing of church owned facilities, replacement of church owned energy intensive equipment).
- Climate resiliency (i.e. rain gardens for stormwater management on church owned property, flood risk reduction strategies/retrofits for church owned property and facilities, generators and/or heating equipment to support community charging stations, warming stations, etc. on church owned property).
- Environmental Stewardship (i.e. community/green space clean ups including Christian fellowship components, organic waste recycling at churches, invasive/exotic removal on church owned property, planting native plants and grasses on church owned property).
- Environmental Outreach and Education (i.e. curriculum development focused on environmental education and stewardship for faith-based communities, development and/or hosting environmental focused programming for faith-based communities).
- Theological reflection on Creation Care (i.e. development of creation care focused lessons for adult and youth formation classes).
The Creation Care grant period has ended as of July 15, 2022. Questions about the Mini-Grants can be answered by emailing email@example.com.